some more work-in-progress shots of a portrait of my dragon age OC, Vaia. i seriously thought i’d be done this portrait by now but like a dope i’ve decided to add a bunch of stitching/misc detailing, which is what the obnoxious flourescent guidelines on the 2nd one are all about. further details in the image captions, if that’s a thing you care about.
also a closeup because im like, super happy with her face in general?? (that nose tho)
tools used: mypaint (with a little gimp) on linux b/c im a goddamn hippy or something, intuos4 4x6
Minor Form:“raven, sparrow”“desert cacti” ”molten lava” “machine, engine”
i didn’t follow them exactly but doing a little word association is part of the game, eh? i rather like this guy, who i’ve dubbed mamduck (because he is a duck who is a mamluk, obviously), maybe i’ll do something else with him later. perhaps he has a mechanical raven or sparrow friend.
Tools: MyPaint under Linux Mint 14, Wacom Intuos4 4x6. no reference used (and boy, does it show >:[ ).
portrait of a friend’s Dragon Age OC. work in progress.
this is a shot to show how i break down complex armour/clothes (like the Grey Warden armor from Dragon Age 2) in to something more manageable.
it’s not especially glamorous, and the actual painting itself hasnt changed - this is more about planning. takes a little while, but saves me a LOT of time and frustration in the long run.
the awful mess in red and blue are construction lines on their own layers; they’re different colours so that it’s easy to differentiate which objects should be in front of which. my next step will be to block in the rough forms using them as guidelines.